Monday, April 29, 2013

Empties+Reviews





1-  St.Ives Green Tea Scrub :

This is a nice drug store scrub. The size of the scrubbing pieces, or whatever they call it, is perfect, and the amount of it is also perfect. I even use it to scrub my lips and it works way better than Lush's, the reason is the scrubbing pieces are so tiny which I think does the job better than the size of brown sugar. 
It also has Salicylic Acid in it which helps with acne. And the green tea helps with redness and blemishes.But I am not the kind of person who believes that this certain product will treat this or that, I just use it for the main reason, and in this case just to scrub my face once or twice a week and get rid of anything that might be clogging my pores.

2- Alba Acnedote Scrub for Face&Body :

I really don't know why and HOW I bought this ! but it seems that when you go to Target something in your mind goes wrong. First of all this smells awful, and it is brown. I don't mind a brown product that is 100% natural and smells nice, but this! Second of all it says "face and body". Body yes, because any scrub could be used on your body regardless of, but face! come on. This is too abrasive for the face and the smell makes you feel your skin is going to break out. I only used it once on my face and I washed it immediately. And because I don't like to throw out products I did not use I try to use it or find a way to use it. So I used it all on my body and took me more than a year and a half to finish it because I rarely use it.

3- Sanctuary Spa Body Scrub:

It was a chance to buy new products during a layover in London Heathrow. Scrubbing wise, this is your average body scrub. The smell I did not like, to me it smells like a cheap perfume. So nah, not impressed at all. But I like the simple packaging though...

4- Soap&Glory Glad Hair Day Conditioner: 

This Also I bought from London Heathrow. I am not as crazy about Soap&Glory as some people. But this is a nice conditioner. You leave it for 1 minute, and I must say this makes a visible difference! gives shine and volume. And eventhough I am not a fan of S&G's smell, but for some reason this smells nice on hair !

5- NIP+FAB Pistachio Body Butter:

Another Heathrow purchase, and the last one from there. I heard a lot about this product, and the raving seemed to be non-stop.  I was allured by the packaging more than the raving to be honest. 
Anyways, the smell is very overwhelming! very strong and sweet. So to make the smell less overwhelming I mixed it with a fragrance free Shea butter that I found at Treader Joe's, smart huh?
And I think this is suitable for warm weather more than cold weather, because it is light and not a heavy duty moisturizer.

6- The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter :

This was my first body butter from Body Shop. As I am a huge fan of coconut, this was not the right choice for me. coconut is hard to balance, I rarely find products that have a balanced coconut smell, mixed with the right ingredients. This one smells too sweet, which I don't like. The consistency  is very thick, but still i don't feel my hands quenched, I just feel there is something setting on my hands that I need to wash off..

7- CoverGirl Natureluxe:


I just love this mascara! this was my first drug store mascara. When it comes to my eyes I usually buy high end products. But this one tempted me with its simple green packaging, and I believe in green. It has one of those flexible wands and it gives everything the eyelashes need : length, thickness and it separates the lashes. But it takes some time to dry. 

-

Disclaimer: I am not sponsored. I write down my honest opinions of products I purchased with my own money.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the coconut body butter from the body shop, it smells amazing. cute blog you have here lovely :)

    beautyandtheb1.co.uk

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In matters of taste, there can be no disputes : )
      Glad that you liked my blog, you have a lovely blog too : )

      Delete
  2. The mascara sounds lovely! :)
    Kelouise xo

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete